Update 4/8, 2020 — Try out a preview of the Creek Studio.
After 3 years of work, and collaboration and feedback from 40+ stations, I'm excited to introduce the Creek Studio.
We will start sending out invitations for beta testing in August 2020.
Here's how it looks:
Here are the highlights:
Automate Your Audio
Creek Studio includes an automation system for stations that need one.
You can also integrate the Creek Studio with your existing automation system – like MegaSeg or RadioDJ.
By installing the Creek Broadcaster – our new hardware device – the Creek Studio becomes a way to automate your physical studio from anywhere.
- Play music. Build playlists in advance, or play tracks live (similar to "live assist").
- Schedule to play recorded shows. For example, Jenny can upload her 2-hour prerecorded show, and it will automatically be played on her 8PM airtime.
- Play overlay messages. Play underwriters and station IDs over your music and recorded shows.
- Tie-in live remote audio. Automatically load up a remote audio stream (Icecast) and play it on air.
Advanced Schedule Builder
Now you can create recurring shows with the same complexity as Google Calendar. Easily handle those weird "Every 3rd Tuesday" scheduling scenarios.
New Playlist Editor
The new playlist editor reduces the work that you need to do to log your music.
- Get Song Info from Audio Files: Drag-and-drop audio files onto the playlist to grab their metadata.
- Automatic Music Recognition: Get automatic music suggestions from Shazam-style music recognition – or put it on autopilot and let it handle entering your song info. (See more below.)
Automatic Music Recognition (like Shazam)
Do your live shows, while a robot automatically recognizes music from the audio itself, and enters the metadata for you (artist, title, label, ISRC, etc.). From our experience, it's about 95% accurate – and if the robot guesses wrong, you can review and edit the playlist. To use it, install Automatic Music Recognition tool (additional $100 per year).
Sidebar for Chat and Messages
See important messages from other DJs your station, including internal announcements and those "hey did you find my CDs?" messages. Or, chat with your listeners by installing the Public Chat component on your station's website.
Because some people just cannot use apps with bright white backgrounds anymore. (Or maybe that's just me?)
When can I use the Creek Studio?
We will start beta testing in May 2020. We'll send out an announcement when it's ready to beta test.